The Medical Reform Group believes that our profession must look to the social, political, and economic forces shaping health and healthcare in Canada and United States today.
The MRG is a democratic organization dedicated to the following principles:
Health care is a right
- The universal access of every person to high quality, appropriate health care must be guaranteed. The health care system must be administered in a manner which precludes any monetary deterrent to equal care.
Health is political and social in nature
- Health care workers, including physicians, should seek out and recognize the social, economic, occupational, and environmental causes of disease, and be directly involved in their eradication.
Sustaining health care work force
- Working with healthcare organizations to ensure equal opportunities for employment and access to educational resources.
The institutions of the health system must be changed
- The health care system should be structured in a manner in which the equally valuable contribution of all health care workers is recognized. Both the public and health care workers should have a direct say in resource allocation and in determining the setting in which health care is provided.
Medical Reform Group Members:
- Dr. Yao – Wyndam Manor Dental Care (www.wyndamdentalcare.ca)
- Elisabeth Semple (www.cellsforlife.com)
- Dr. Amir Rouzati (www.rejuvamdtoronto.ca)
- Dr. Raymond Zhu (www.maplefamilydentistry.com)
- Dr. Peter Yao (www.harmonydentaloshawa.ca)
- Dr. Colin Chan (www.lookdavisville.com)